Hello! My name is Summer and I blog over at MallowandCo.blogspot.com! Yes, I have a blog dedicated solely to rice krispy treats. I am a sugar-aholic and not afraid to say it 🙂 I am super excited to do a guest post here at Or So She Says, one of my favorite blogs!
Mmmm… these guys are winners. The toasted coconut adds that awesome nutty flavor as well as pumps up the soft chewiness of these treats. Then, because one can never have enough coconut, I used coconut extract to really pump up the flavor. Oh my. I don’t care if you don’t even like coconut, you are going to love these. My mouth is watering right now thinking about them. If only we hadn’t already finished off the pan. So sit back, put on some shades, and pretend it’s summertime and you are in Hawaii, eating your coconut rice krispy treats 🙂
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 6 cups marshmallows
- 1½ tsp coconut extract
- 1½ cups toasted coconut (I toasted mine for a few minutes on the stove top on medium heat)
- 5 cups rice krispies
- Pour the rice krispies and toasted coconut in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Once melted add in the marshmallows. Stir until they are mostly all melted (this will take a few minutes--low and slow is key for perfect texture) then stir in the coconut extract.
- Once fully melted, take them off heat and pour over the rice krispies.
- Stir lightly to combine, then dump into a greased 9x9 pan.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes, then press lightly into pan with greased hands.
- Allow to fully set (about 20-30 min) and enjoy!
This post sponsored by: