I’m so happy for my sweet contributor, Cathy, to be adding a new little one to her family!  I was just recently at my own sister’s baby shower, so I knew exactly what recipe I wanted to share with y’all… the one I brought!  I wanted to bring something simple, east to grab, and fruity.  These Strawberry Shortcake Kebabs were perfect.

Strawberry Shortcake Kabob Dessert

I made a whole bunch of them in no time, and they looked so fun.  The only thing I wish is that I had time to make them the day of, rather than the day before.  They were still good, but the cake wasn’t as soft anymore. :(  So, that’s my advice to you… if you can, make them and EAT THEM that day.

Virtual-Baby-Shower

I actually made two kinds of dessert kebabs, but you’ll have to wait just a little bit before I share the other one with you.  Both super simple.  Anyway, enjoy!

Oh, and when you’re done here, be sure to check out these other delicious recipes, created to congratulate Cathy!

Cathys-Baby-Shower-1Lemon Raspberry Cookie Sandwiches by Life Love and Sugar Blueberry Buttermilk Coffee Cake by Your Homebased Mom Lemon Yogurt Cake by Yummy Healthy Easy Orange-Raspberry Mini Toaster Strudels by Chelsea’s Messy Apron Orange Dream Monkey Bread by Wine and Glue Strawberry Shortcake Kebabs by Or So She Says Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake by Beyond Frosting Strawberries and Cream Cheese Ball Bites by Five Heart Home Pig Pickin’ Cake by Sugar Dish Me Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Skillet Cookie by Lemons for Lulu Creamy Shrimp Dip by Mostly Homemade Mom Salted Butterscotch Coffee Cake by Julie’s Eats and Treats Strawberry Cake by The NY Melrose Family Frozen Chocolate S’mores Ice Cream Pie by Pink When Carrot Cream Cheese Swirl Loaf by Spoonful of Flavor Fiesta Rice Skillet by The Grant Life Raspberry Ripple Lemon Bundt Cake by Love Bakes Good Cakes Ooey Gooey Orange Creamsicle Bars by The Gunny Sack Mixed Berries with Honey Maple Mascarpone by Joyful Healthy Eats Rosewater Almond Macaroons by Little Miss Celebration Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes by Crazy for Crust Momosas Mocktail Recipe by The Weary Chef

CONGRATS, CATHY!!  (You can check out Cathy’s fabulous food blog, right here: Lemon Tree Dwelling.)

Strawberry Shortcake Kabob DessertStrawberry Shortcake Kebabs

Strawberry Shortcake Kebabs ~ Virtual Baby Shower!
Ingredients
  • Angel Food Cake (I bought a pre-made loaf at store)
  • Package of strawberries
  • Meltable white chocolate (I use Ghirardelli melts)
  • Blueberries (optional)
Instructions
  1. Wash strawberries
  2. Chop angel food cake into cubes
  3. Alternate adding strawberries and cake to skewer
  4. Melt white chocolate, in intervals, in microwave
  5. Pour in squeeze bottle and drizzle over strawberries and cake
  6. Add blueberries on ends to finish (optional)
  7. Serve soon after making, while cake is still soft. Keep covered when not eating.

1. Tonia
    1 year ago

What a great idea! These would be perfect for so many summer occasions. Pinned!

• Mariel

Thanks, Tonia!

2. jamie
    1 year ago

Congratulations Cathy! What a cute idea to do a virtual shower. I think I need to celebrate too and make something! Baby Girls are adorable, I hope your pregnancy goes well!

• Cathy@LemonTreeDwelling
      1 year ago

Thanks so much, Jamie!! Less than 4 weeks to go…I can’t wait to meet her!!

3. Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes
    1 year ago

I love how quick and easy this is! My kids would love these kebabs!

• Mariel
      1 year ago

You’re right, way fun for kids!

4. Jenny
    1 year ago

I love anything on a stick Mariel so these are perfect!

• Mariel

Thanks, Jenny!

5. Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust

Such a great idea!!

• Mariel
      1 year ago

Thanks, and they’re sooo easy! Even better!

6. Lisa @ Wine & Glue
    1 year ago

These look so cute and delicious! Love these! Pinning!

• Mariel
      1 year ago

Thanks, Lisa! Fun to have you here. :)

7. Krista @ Joyful Healthy Eats
    1 year ago

Love this… what a cute idea for a baby shower and it could totally work for a summer bbq as well. Totally doing this soon! Yum! Pinned!

• Mariel
      1 year ago

You’re right. Thanks, Krista!

8. Samantha @ Five Heart Home
    1 year ago

These are too cute, Mariel, and I love that they are quick and easy to make and easy to eat…perfect for a baby shower! :)

9. Cathy@LemonTreeDwelling
    1 year ago

I LOVE this dessert, Mariel! It is totally perfect for me and you better believe I’ll be making it this summer!! Thanks for all your love and support throughout the past year and for being part of this shower. A completely wonderful surprise!

• Mariel
      1 year ago

You’re the best, Cathy!! So happy for you… kids are the best!

10. Heather @ French Press
    1 year ago

what a perfect sweet treat to nibble on

• Mariel

Thanks, Heather!

11. Cindy Eikenberg
    1 year ago

Hi Mariel! These kabobs are wonderful and a perfect shower treat! I’m having so much fun seeing all of the amazing recipes everyone has made for Cathy’s shower. Thanks for sharing and pinning – hope you have a happy weekend!

12. Rose Water Almond Macaroons – Little Miss Celebration
    1 year ago

[…] Mini Toaster Strudels by Chelsea’s Messy Apron Orange Dream Monkey Bread by Wine and Glue Strawberry Shortcake Kebabs by Or So She Says Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake by Beyond Frosting Strawberries and Cream Cheese Ball […]

13. Carrot-Nut Cream Cheese Swirl Loaf | Spoonful of FlavorSpoonful of Flavor