Bacon and cheese and carbs… What could be better than Bacon Swiss Bread that brings all three together?!
Bacon. Swiss. Bread. You can’t go wrong here. This recipe is requested quite often in my home. Even my picky cheese eaters love this…even though they don’t like Swiss cheese. Go figure. Bacon Swiss Bread has won them over!
We love to serve this with any Italian meal. Lasagna & Bacon Swiss Bread. Yes! Ravioli’s and Bacon Swiss Bread. YES! Fettuccini Alfredo and Bacon Swiss Bread. YES PLEASE! See what I mean??!! It makes a wonderful addition and is an easier substitution than making breadsticks. And something completely different than your traditional garlic bread.
Just look at all that goodness on the bread. I’m drooling. We’ve used all sorts of mustard in the butter spread. From plain old regular mustard (which is the kids’ favorite) to Dijon & spicy brown. Just use whichever is your favorite. You can’t go wrong.
- 1 loaf French bread
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 teaspoons mustard (regular, dijon, spicy brown etc.)
- 6-8 slices swiss cheese, cut diagonally
- 6-8 slices regular (not thick) bacon (about half of a 1 lb. package), cut in half width wise
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix butter, green onions and mustard until combined.
- Slice bread into 1 inch thick slices, leaving slices attached at the bottom.
- Spread butter spread on both sides of each bread slice.
- Place one slice of swiss cheese, point side up, inbetween each slice.
- Lay a slice of bacon across each slice of bread.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bacon is cooked to your liking.
For more great sides, check these out:
Recipes, please!! (& great family ideas too.)
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.