Happy March Everyone!!!
It’s Gina from Kleinworth & Co again! I’m back today with St. Patrick’s Day on my mind & ready to share one of my favorite Irish recipes. Do you like St. Patrick’s Day? How do you celebrate? My hubs always loves to have corned beef & cabbage. That’s his specialty. But I like to make a little something too – so I whip up these Irish Soda Buttermilk Scones to go on the side. The nice part about them is that they work well as a side to dinner & the leftovers make a great breakfast when paired with jam.
For breakfast I just heated the leftovers & spread a little Blueberry Freezer Jam on each bite. The kids loved it.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees with the rack in the center.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment & set aside.
- In a large bowl - whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda & salt.
- Make a well in the center & add most of your buttermilk
- With one hand - mix together until you have a soft, moist dough. You can add more buttermilk as you need it.
- Transfer to a lightly floured surface & knead into a 7-8" round.
- Cut circle into 8 triangular sections. I used a pizza cutter- that made it super easy
- Place scones on prepared baking sheet & brush the top with remaining buttermilk & dust with a little flour.
- Bake 20 minutes or until nicely browned. Test by tapping- should sound hollow when done.
- Remove & cool slightly on wire rack before serving.
- Best served warm.
That’s it! So easy, right??!! It’s a great addition to your St. Patrick’s Day celebrations.
Want more St. Patrick’s Day ideas?
Can’t wait to see you all next month!