We would love for you and your family to participate in the 12 Days of Christmas Family Fun… it’s so easy (and super fun!)
The easiest instructions, ever…
1. Print off as many sheets of Theme Tags as you have children participating. There are two sheets needed for each child, days 1-6 and days 7-12. See and print below.
2. Each day, for 12 days in December, leave a small gift with the corresponding tag, announcing the theme for the day attached, next to their bed, for them to find when they wake up. (The gifts can be a small piece of candy, dollar store prize, or whatever. Or, it can just be the tag, no gift. You choose!)
3. Throughout the day, do activities related to the theme for the day!! You can come up with your own ideas or if you want some suggestions, just stop by the blog for our round-ups of super cute and simple ideas related to the theme. The ideas will be released daily on the blog, December 1st through December 12th, in the announced order. If you share any pics, use hashtags #12daysofchristmasfamilyfun, so we can see the fun that you and your family came up with!
Today is DAY 11 and the theme is CHOCOLATE.
Here are our suggested Christmas chocolate crafts, recipes, and activities! Have fun and see you back here tomorrow for the new theme’s ideas.
Links to Previous Days: Day 1 (Reindeer), Day 2 (Gingerbread), Day 3 (Stars), Day 4 (The Grinch), Day 5 (Snow), Day 6 (Christ), Day 7 (Peppermint), Day 8 (Santa), Day 9 (Christmas Tree), Day 10 (Elves)
1. These hot cocoa ornaments would make the cutest gifts and your kids can help make them with you. (Idea from Bubbly Nature Creations)
2. Memory game with Hershey Kisses, what could be better? (Idea from I Can Teach My Child)
3. These chocolate spoons sound like the perfect addition to a cold day with some yummy hot chocolate. (Idea from Tipnut)
4. Kids are always up for a fun game! This one is sure to be a hit. (Idea from Best Party Games)
5. This darling hot coca craft would be so easy and fun to do with your kids. (Idea from Crafty Morning)
6. How cool is this?!? As a chocolate lover, these little chocolate pinecones look fun and delicious. (Idea from Handmade Charlotte)
7. This chocolate sugar scrub would be a fun thing to make for a gift or just to have at home. (Idea from The Idea Room)
8. Willy Wonky & the Chocolate Factory is a classic that the whole family can enjoy… remember how they’re giving chocolate bars for Christmas?? It can be a Christmas movie!
9. Put together a candy (chocolate) tape ball for a super fun family game (or just prepare them for a future Christmas party.) (Instructions at Time of Our Lives)
10. These Chocolate Pretzel Wreaths are adorable! The kids will love making them (and you could even pass them out to neighbors.) (Idea from Pillsbury)
11. Wake up the kids with these delicious chocolate chip pancakes. (Recipe from Call Me Fudge)
12. Let the kids get their hands messy with this Hot Cocoa Cloud Dough! (Idea from Sow, Sprout, Play)
If you share any pics of your family taking part in the 12 Days of Christmas Family Fun, be sure to add the hashtag #12daysofchristmasfamilyfun to your captions. We would love to get a glimpse of the fun you’re having!
Besides this awesome series going on right now, OSSS also has the biggest gift idea series of the year happening, She Picks 2015! Be sure to check out all the gift ideas for everyone on your list. You can find all the ideas shared previously on Gift Idea Central.