You can’t go wrong with the flavor combination in these blueberry lemon scones. They’re amazing!
Hi! It’s Kathy from Beyond the Chicken Coop! I’ve been busy baking up some yummy scones. These blueberry lemon scones are just what you need for breakfast or for mid-morning tea!
Fresh blueberries and lemon are made for each other. Add them to a scone and you’ve got an amazing treat! And then to top it all off, I added a lemon glaze! Super Yummy!
Scones are not hard to make. The only tricky part can be mixing the dough. At first it will seem a bit too dry. Don’t add extra liquid. You just need to get your hands right in the dough and gently knead it together. Then plop the dough on a lightly floured surface and form the dough into an 8 inch round. If it’s crumbly, just mush it back together. Cut the round into eighths. Place each slice on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. I like to separate my slices just slightly so the circle is a bit bigger than started. Easy as pie…or should I say…. Simple as Scones!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 6 Tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1 Tablespoon half and half for brushing top of dough
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and lemon zest.
- Mix butter into flour mixture
- Gently toss in blueberries
- Add half and half and toss together.
- With your hands, gently knead dough so it comes together, being careful to not squish blueberries.
- On a lightly floured surface, for an 8 inch circle
- Slice into 8 wedges
- Transfer to a parchment line baking sheet
- Brush top of scones with half and half
- Place wedges just slightly apart in a circular shape
- Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes
- Let cool for about 5 minutes on baking sheet
- Mix glaze and drizzle over cooked scones
- Serve while still warm
For more great breakfast ideas, try these:
Recipes, please!! (& great family ideas too.)
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.