Was Joseph Smith really a prophet? Is the Book of Mormon true? Well, here’s the deal… those questions and many others, regarding The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, can neither be 100% proven or 100% disproven. Like President Benson wisely said, “Every [person] eventually is backed up to the wall of faith, and there … must make his stand.”
Have you been backed up to the wall of faith??
Let’s talk about something, real quick.
What the Church is saying is that it is God’s Church on the earth. The teachings, ordinances, and covenants offered within it are what you need to be on the path to salvation. They are what your family needs, to be able to remain a family unit in the eternities. They are what you need to spiritually progress and live in the presence of Heavenly Father, Heavenly Mother, and Jesus Christ.
IF that is true… it is a HUGE thing to walk away from. It is so huge and important, that if you’re going to jump ship, I would suggest you be absolutely 100% sure that it is false. I’m sure you’ve heard the “accusations” against the church. They’re nothing new. Have you given the defense a fair trial, or does the prosecution get all of your time? How much time do you spend feeding your doubts, as opposed to feeding your faith?
Yes, the Church can’t be 100% proven true, but lots and lots of things can be proven, and you know what makes up the difference?? The Holy Ghost. He’s real, and is happy to show up when you feed your faith. Give it a try, AGAIN. There’s too much to lose.
For myself, and for you, I’ve put together a list of 24 talks on faith, to listen to when your faith is being tested (and when you want to keep it strong.) Struggles with faith happen to all of us, in varying degrees, at one time or another. Besides the scriptures, church, and prayer, it’s nice to have resources, like this, in our back pocket for some extra inspiration.
Latter-day Saint Talks on Faith to Read Before Leaving the Church
- Lord, I Believe by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
- Stand Forever by Lawrence E. Corbridge
- Walk in the Light by President Henry B. Eyring
- A Saint Through the Atonement of Christ the Lord by Jeffrey R Holland
- Sisters’ Participation in the Gathering of Israel by President Russell M. Nelson
- Stay Connected: Making It Safely Home by W. Christopher Waddell
- Faith is Not by Chance, but By Choice by Neil L. Andersen
- Lifelong Conversion by Dale G. Renlund
- Faith and Science: Symbiotic Pathways to Truth by Jamie Jensen
- “Could We Have Supposed?” by Jack N. Gerard
- Meekly Placing Our Total Trust in God by Terence M. Vinson
- Faith Still Precedes the Miracle by Mark L. Pace
- The Gift of Uncertainty by Amy Tanner
- Do We Really Believe? by Blake E. Peterson
- Guided Safely Home by Marcus B. Nash
- Faith and Works in a Secular World by Keith B. McMullin
- The Faith to Move Mountains by Gordon B. Hinckley
- Cast Not Away Therefore Your Confidence by Jeffrey R. Holland
- Knowing What You Believe, Believing What You Know by Dennis B. Neuenschwander
- It Still Takes Faith by Brent L. Top
- On How We Know by Truman G. Madsen
- And Also By Faith by K. Newell Dayley
- The Sustaining Power of Faith in Times of Uncertainty and Testing by Richard G. Scott
- Trial of Your Faith by Neil L. Andersen
Other Favorite Latter-day Saint Faith Promoting Posts:
- Understanding Polygamy and The Mormon Church
- How to Get a Free Book of Mormon (without missionaries)
- The Best Quotes About Faith
- Favorite Scriptures on Faith