Now that summer is upon us, I thought it would be a great time to give you a recipe for the BBQ.
Oh I love summer! Everything about it…the sun, the beaches, the clothes and the food!
Especially the food, and anything BBQ’d!
One of our most favourite meals are marinated flank steaks.
Flank steaks are more inexpensive cuts of meat, which are great for marinating! Delish!
This is a nice simple recipe, and chances are you have most of the ingredients in your pantry & fridge right now. One of the great things about this recipe too is, that you can tailor the flavours to your taste buds! Just use your favourite beer and BBQ sauce.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Beer & BBQ Flank Steak
- ⅓ cup beer
- ⅓ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Montreal Steak Spice (or see Tips!)
- ¼ tsp dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 - 1½lb flank steak
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients for the marinade (everything except the meat). Set aside.
- Using a fork, pierce the flank steak all over, front and back. Then put it into a large ziplock bag.
- Add the marinade to the bag, then seal the bag. Turn the steak around inside the bag making sure the steak is well coated with the marinade.
- Let the steak sit in the marinade for at least 2 hours. We like it even better the next day, so overnight is perfect!
- When you are ready to cook it, preheat your BBQ to high heat.
- Brush the grill with a little bit of oil, then add your steak, sear it on both sides, then turn down the heat to medium, and cook each side about 7 minutes, or longer if you prefer it more well done.
- Remove the steak from the BBQ and let it rest about 5 minutes before you slice it up and serve it. When slicing flank steak, make sure to cut against the grain of the meat.
If you don't have Montreal Steak Spice, you can substitute it with: ¼ tsp paprika, ¼-1/2 tsp black pepper, ¼-1/2 tsp salt, ¼ tsp red pepper flakes.
If you would like a visual How-To for making this steak, you can visit my blog here.
Thanks for reading, and have a yummy day!