We would love for you and your family to participate in the 12 Days of Christmas Family Fun… it’s so easy (and super fun!)
The easiest instructions, ever…
1. Print off as many sheets of Theme Tags as you have children participating. There are two sheets needed for each child, days 1-6 and days 7-12. See and print below.
2. Each day, for 12 days in December, leave a small gift with the corresponding tag, announcing the theme for the day attached, next to their bed, for them to find when they wake up. (The gifts can be a small piece of candy, dollar store prize, or whatever. Or, it can just be the tag, no gift. You choose!)
3. Throughout the day, do activities related to the theme for the day!! You can come up with your own ideas or if you want some suggestions, just stop by the blog for our round-ups of super cute and simple ideas related to the theme. The ideas will be released daily on the blog, December 1st through December 12th, in the announced order. If you share any pics, use hashtags #12daysofchristmasfamilyfun, so we can see the fun that you and your family came up with!
Today is DAY 9 and the theme is CHRISTMAS TREE.
Here are our suggested Christmas tree crafts, recipes, and activities! Have fun and see you back here tomorrow for the new theme’s ideas.
1. The decorating possibilities are endless with this Paper Plate Christmas Tree! (Idea from I Heart Crafty Things)
2. Look how easy it would be to make these Brownie Christmas Trees! (Idea from Betty Crocker)
3. Such a simple and cute craft for kids! Pine Cone Trees (Idea from smART Class)
4. This Christmas Drawing/Listening Game is so simple and a fun way to get the children interacting with each other! (Idea from Picklebums)
5. Such cool canvas art that the kids can make themselves! (Idea from Whatever)
7. Read this favorite Christmas story, A Wish to Be a Christmas Tree.
8. Easiest Christmas tree treat ever! (Idea from Craftaholics Anonymous)
9. Set out some gumdrops and toothpicks and let the kids assemble Christmas trees! (Idea from Left Brain Craft Brain)
10. Cuddle up and watch A Charlie Brown Christmas (known for the shabby Christmas tree!) … you could even have those Christmas Tree Brownies (above) while watching it!
11. Another adorable Christmas tree recipe… Rice Krispie Treat Trees! (Idea from Raining Hot Coupons)
12. I love adding a little educational touch! This is a fun Christmas tree activity for preschool and kindergarteners. (Idea from Reading Confetti)
If you share any pics of your family taking part in the 12 Days of Christmas Family Fun, be sure to add the hashtag #12daysofchristmasfamilyfun to your captions. We would love to get a glimpse of the fun you’re having!
Besides this awesome series going on right now, OSSS also has the biggest gift idea series of the year happening, She Picks 2015! Be sure to check out all the gift ideas for everyone on your list. You can find all the ideas shared previously on Gift Idea Central.