We would love for you and your family to participate in the 12 Days of Christmas Family Fun… it’s so easy (and super fun!)
The easiest instructions, ever…
1. Print off as many sheets of Theme Tags as you have children participating. There are two sheets needed for each child, days 1-6 and days 7-12. See and print below.
2. Each day, for 12 days in December, leave a small gift with the corresponding tag, announcing the theme for the day attached, next to their bed, for them to find when they wake up. (The gifts can be a small piece of candy, dollar store prize, or whatever. Or, it can just be the tag, no gift. You choose!)
3. Throughout the day, do activities related to the theme for the day!! You can come up with your own ideas or if you want some suggestions, just stop by the blog for our round-ups of super cute and simple ideas related to the theme. The ideas will be released daily on the blog, December 1st through December 12th, in the announced order. If you share any pics, use hashtags #12daysofchristmasfamilyfun, so we can see the fun that you and your family came up with!
Today is DAY 4 and the theme is THE GRINCH.
Here are our suggested Christmas Grinch crafts, recipes, and activities! Have fun and see you back here tomorrow for the new theme’s ideas.
1. Have the kids draw and color their own Grinch! (Idea from Art Projects for Kids)
2. Surely you have some empty toilet paper rolls… let the kids create a Toilet Paper Roll Grinch! (Idea from Crafts by Courtney)
3. This is such a cute game! Pin the Heart on the Grinch ~ (Idea from Twin Dragonfly Designs)
4. How fun to serve these Grinch Kebabs while you watch the movie or read the book together! (Idea from Momables)
5. Making a mask is always fun! I love this Grinch Mask. (Idea from Early Moments)
6. Serve up some Grinch Jell-O! (Idea from The Keep of the Cheerios)
8. This Grinch Punch is such a simple recipe and guaranteed to be a hit! (Idea from Real Advice Gal)
9. I’m all about easy activities. How about they Grinch Word Search?!?! (Printable from Activity Village)
10. How about a crazy Whoville Hair Day?? (Tutorial from Today’s the Best Day)
11. Put together some ‘Grinch-licked Candy Canes’ and let the kids pass them out to friends! (Idea from The First Grade Parade)
12. A little more work, but it would be awesome to end the day with a Whoville Feast! (Idea from Once Upon a Blog)
If you share any pics of your family taking part in the 12 Days of Christmas Family Fun, be sure to add the hashtag #12daysofchristmasfamilyfun to your captions. We would love to get a glimpse of the fun you’re having!
Besides this awesome series going on right now, OSSS also has the biggest gift idea series of the year happening, She Picks 2015! Be sure to check out all the gift ideas for everyone on your list. You can find all the ideas shared previously on Gift Idea Central.