Stuffed Italian Shells
- 1 box jumbo pasta shells
- 2 cups or 15 oz. ricotta cheese
- 3 cups Mozzarella cheese divide 1/2 cup out
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1-2 lbs ground beef your preference
- 1 family size bottle meat flavored Prego sauce or your favorite red sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- Bread toasted with butter & garlic salt
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook beef, add Prego sauce and 1/2 cup water. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
In a separate pot, bring water to a boil, add shells and cook for 15 minutes.
In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, eggs, parsley, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Toast the bread until crisp.
Pour some of the Prego mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
Stuff the shells full of the cheese mixture and place in the baking dish.
Pour the rest of the Prego mixture on top of the shells.
Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and crumble garlic toast on top.
Bake at 350 degrees, covered with foil for 30 minutes. Bake uncovered for additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.