Last year I gave my dad a photo book for Christmas. This book contains pictures from our annual family summer vacation. And he LOVED it. I mean he literally was over the moon about it. He though it was one of the most meaningful gifts he has ever received.
For me this was a BIG deal, because my dad is hard to shop for. The man has everything he needs and he is really practical. He always tell us not spend money on him with frivolous things. When I saw how much he liked the photobook, I knew I done well 🙂
So for this Father’s Day, perhaps consider helping your kids create meaningful photo books for their dad. There are so many great on-line book making companies out there and they are all so easy to use.
I’ve always been a fan of adding quotes to images to make them more meaningful, either quotes from your kids or wise quotes by wise people.
Here are some fun questions you could ask your kids about their dad:
- If Daddy has a super power, what could he do?
- If Daddy could take you anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- If you have 1 wish for Daddy that would come true, what would you wish for?
Also, I’ve gathered 6 fatherhood quotes that I thought would be a good addition to a photo book:
- ‘A dad is someone who holds you when you cry, scolds you when you break the rules, shines with pride when you succeed, and has faith in you even when you fail.’ – Unknown
- ‘Nothing I’ve even done has given me more joys and rewards than being a father to my children.’ – Bill Cosby
- ‘Behind every good kid is a great dad.’ -Unknown
- ‘A man’s worth is measured by how he parents his children. What he gives them, what he keeps away from them, the lessons he teaches and the lessons he allows them to learn on their own.’ ~Lisa Rogers
- ‘Any man can be a father but it takes someone special to be a dad.’ – Anne Geddes
- Think about your children. If you notice yourself smiling, then you’re doing a great job. -Michael Byron Smith
With these quotes, consider having it on a single page beside a single image, or layer it on top of an image.
My favourite online photobook company is Blurb. Their photobook maker is so easy to use, I once made a book in less than 60 minutes =) Also, Blurb always has promo codes so be sure to use it =)
Mariel’s Note * Another great and super user-friendly company is SnapFish! I’ve made several photo books, greeting cards, and other personalized products on their site.
If you loved this post about how to create meaningful photo books, I suggest these too:
Recipes, please!! (& great family ideas too.)
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.