Using Amazon to throw a baby shower is such a great way to simplify the whole process. There are so many fun baby shower decorations on Amazon, as well as baby gifts. This post is packed full of ideas for decor, gifts, baby shower games, and even food to serve. Here’s to making life a little easier and having a great party too!!
Using Amazon to Throw a Baby Shower
Baby Shower Decor from Amazon.com
Baby Showers don’t have to be expensive to be super cute. I love all of the adorable options on Amazon for baby shower decor, and most of them come in packs that include many types of decorations for under $30 bucks! Below, I’m sharing 3 of my favorite baby girl shower decor ideas, 3 for baby boys, and a couple gender neutrals for those who aren’t finding out what they’re having. And further down, you’ll find ideas for games, gifts, and food!
Cute Baby Girl Shower Decor Ideas
Pink & Gold Baby Shower
Any time you can find a value pack of baby shower decor, that is ALSO cute, you’re in luck!! I love this Pink and Gold Baby Shower Decorations Pack, that comes complete with banners, lanterns, flowers, balls, tassels, and balloons… all for a great price.
Hot Pink and Black Shower Decorations from Amazon.com
For a more bold look for a baby girl celebration, this Hot Pink and Black Baby Shower Decor Pack fits the bill perfectly. It’s still a great price and includes everything you see in the image.
Mint and Peach Shower Decor for Baby Showers
The picture for this shower decor doesn’t do it justice, but I love the idea of doing pink and mint… a fun, modern variation from the standard pink for girls! It’s perfect for a spring or summer baby shower. This Peach and Mint Shower Decor Package includes everything you see here.
Cute Baby Boy Shower Decor Ideas
Baby Blue and Gray Shower Decorations from Amazon
The silver and gray in this Baby Blue Shower Decoration Set adds a super cute modern element, and the addition of elephants takes it over the top! How fun would it be to have some stuffed and toy elephants spread around the party area?!
Navy and Gray Baby Boy Shower Decor
There’s something about navy blue that just screams “classy.” I love this Navy and Gray baby shower decoration collection on Amazon.com. The addition of any accent color would look awesome too… maybe red?? Yellow??
Woodland Theme Baby Shower Decor
For the soon-to-be-raised-in-the-outdoors baby boy, this theme is so adorable! There are so many additional fun decoration ideas, such as stuffed forest animals, a teepee, and you could even pull out your mini Christmas trees to pull in the woodland theme. This set only comes with the banners, so you will have to rely a little more on the extras, but they should be easy! See some ideas below…
Gender Neutral Baby Shower Decoration Ideas
Natural Burlap, Gold, and White Neutral Shower Decor
Sometimes gender neutral themes have the reputation of being boring, but I actually think this Burlap, Gold and White decoration set is one of the cutest I’ve seen! Even if you were doing a boy or girl theme, it could easily be turned either direction with an accent color.
Yellow and Green Gender Neutral Baby Shower
This is definitely the classic gender neutral look, but it’s still as cute as ever. The Yellow and Green Gender Neutral Baby Shower Pack comes with the banner, balloons, lanterns, pom moms, and tassels.
Baby Shower Games (That are actually fun!)
I’m not a huge fan of shower games. I tend to like the freedom of “open houses,” but they do present their problems. It’s hard to get a word in with the guest-of-honor, presents are opened randomly throughout the night, and a lot of people just stand around feeling dumb. So, enter shower games.
These are a few of my favorite games for baby showers…
- Diaper Smear: Get about 10 diapers, inside of them smear different types of food. The guest have to guess what it is by smelling it. (Smashed Milky Way, Mustard, Mashed Peas, Chocolate Bananas, Vinegar, etc.) Whoever guesses the most wins a prize!
- Baby Shower Bingo: Put together some BINGO cards. In each of the squares have things such as: the mother’s due date, the baby’s name, the nursery theme, mom’s fav cartoon, baby food flavors, favorite lullaby, etc. Give each guest a handful of candies to place on the squares when they are called out. The first person to get BINGO or Blackout wins! Even cooler…have some custom M&Ms made up for the square markers!
- Binky Game: Give each guest a binky necklace. Nobody can say the word “baby”. Whoever can catch someone saying the word can take their necklace. The person with the most necklaces by the end of the shower wins a prize!
- Complete The Nursery Rhyme: Type up several nursery rhymes (or a main line from each) and leave out a few words. Have the guests see how many they can fill in. Whoever gets the most correct wins!
- Baby Relay: I just made this up, hope it makes sense. Have two teams line up in separate lines. The first in each line runs across the room to complete a task, when finished they run back and tag the next person in line. The first team to have all their players complete each task wins. The tasks could be as follows: Take toilet paper and wrap it around the nether-regions to create a diaper-look-alike, Use a hair band to create the signature baby palm-tree hair-do on top of their head, smear carrot baby food around their lips, stack up a set up blocks and knock them down, crawl on all fours while crying back across the room to tag the next member (complete with diaper on and all). Is that totally crazy, demeaning, nutty?? I think it would be hilarious…if you had the right group. It would make some great pictures! Have a prize for the winning team.
Easy Baby Shower Food & Drink Ideas
For these ideas, I tried to think of food and drink ideas that appeal to large crowds, are easy to serve, and are a little different than the standard plates of chicken salad sandwiches.
Baby Shower Food Recipes and Ideas
- Try doing all the food in miniature sizes (baby size)! Think baby carrots, mini fruit kebabs, pigs in a blanket, mini pizzas, tiny cookies, etc.
- Carve a carriage out of watermelon, instructions here. It would be fun served with these Copycat Cheesecake Factory BBQ Ranch Chicken Wraps.
- Bread bowls with different soup options are a fun and delicious lunch for any size group! Here’s a Cheesy Bacon Potato Soup in a Bread Bowl recipe.
- A baked potato bar is always a crowd please. People can choose from a variety of toppings, such as cheese sauce, broccoli, ranch dressing, bacon bits, bbq pork, Chile verde, etc.
- A Mexican buffet: tortillas, a couple types of meats in the crockpot (Honey Lemon Lime Carnitas), toppings (guacamole, cheese, sour cream, etc.) Serve with tres leches cake, sopapillas, or churros for dessert.
- Hawaiian Haystacks are another fun option. People love to choose their toppings. Have your rice and gravy in separate croc pots and line the counter with all sorts of toppings.
- Fresh Greek Chicken Pitas are always a great choice! The guests can put their own together, according to their tastes. Serve with lemon rice and a fruit tray.
Baby Shower Drink Recipes
- Lemonade goes with practically every lunch idea you can come up with! I love this One Gallon Homemade Lemonade recipe, made with real lemons and sugar.
- This link for 22 Non-Alcoholic Party Drinks is super helpful… lots of drink recipe ideas here that would be great for any baby shower!
Baby Gifts from Amazon to Give at a Baby Shower
As a mother of 7 children, I like to think I have a few ideas on great baby shower gift ideas. Here are some gift ideas for babies I’ve either given or received and absolutely loved. Or, they may also be products that I’ve bought, used, and loved for my own babies. I’m pretty sure you’ll find some fun ideas that will make great gifts here!
Favorite Handmade Baby Gifts from Amazon
- Everyone loves custom personalized wooden name signs. You can’t go wrong with one of these!
- This personalized birth announcement picture frame is such a cute idea, as long as the baby has been born first! 😉
- For baby girls, these headbands are beautiful!
- This engraved teething rattle would make a special gift for a baby boy or baby girl.
- A handmade wooden name puzzle would be cute to give with a stuffed animal or blanket.
Anyway, I could throw out some ideas all day but I’ve got my little girl running around the office with poopie pants.
Like this post for using Amazon to throw a baby shower?? Check out:
Pin this image to save this baby shower ideas post:
For additional Pinterest images, click the Pinterest button at the top of this post.