Well, hello, hello!! Can you believe it’s the 10th of the month, already?? Our bunch of 10 bloggers are so happy to be back, sharing with you 10 brand new ideas. It’s all about 10, baby! This month we’ve turned our thoughts to the kiddos, since we’re missing the endless family time that summer brings. Our chosen theme is JUST FOR KIDS… 10 great ideas, all about kids. I’m talking, recipes, crafts, and all-around great ways to bring the family together.
After you check out the ‘Or so she says…’ JUST FOR KIDS contribution, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mug Cake, be sure to check out (and pin!) the posts from my fellow blog friends. Have so much fun!
1. After School 1-2-3 ~ Thirty Handmade Days
2. Baby Closet Dividers ~ Two Twenty One
3. DIY Harry Potter Wall Art ~ Landeelu
4. Halloween Happy Mail – Eighteen 25
5. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mug Cake ~ Or so she says…
6. Make Ahead Muffins – Kids Can Cook! ~ Your Homebased Mom
7. Chevron Perler Bead Necklaces ~ The Crafted Sparrow
8. Craft Stick Dolls ~ Simply Kierste
9. DIY Rocket Bird Feeder ~ Lolly Jane
10. Duct Tape Pumpkin Decoration ~ Capturing Joy
Ready to check out this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mug Cake?? This is being shared by ‘Or so she says…’ monthly contributor, Cathy, from Lemon Tree Dwelling.
Hi again, friends! It’s Cathy from Lemon Tree Dwelling….back here today to share a fun fall kids recipe as part of this month’s blog hop. Living in the Midwest, the change of seasons is one of my favorite things ever….and just this week , it seems that we are making the transition from summer to fall. Time to bring out those pumpkin recipes….!
This Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mug Cake is perfect for fall…..and not just because of the pumpkin, but because it’s a great way for kids to get involved in the kitchen! With the start of the school year, my kids want nothing more than a little extra time with mom. What better place to get it than the room I clearly spend the most time in??
All it takes is a little measuring, pouring, and stirring…..followed by a quick 3 minutes in the microwave…..and voila! The cake is ready! No waiting patiently while it bakes….and, even better, it’s something that kids can do almost entirely on their own.
Perfect for a dessert or an afternoon snack. Perfect for kids! And SO delicious! So…..are you ready for fall? Are you ready for fall fun with your kids? I know I am………bring it on!!
- ¼ c. flour
- ¼ c. sugar
- ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp. pumpkin pie filling OR pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp. chocolate chips
- Combine flour, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice in a microwave safe mug.
- Stir in egg.
- Add pumpkin pie filling or pumpkin puree and 1 Tbsp. chocolate chips and stir until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 Tbsp. chocolate chips on top.
- Microwave at high power 2 minutes.
- Carefully remove from microwave, top with a few additional chocolate chips and enjoy!
Recipes, please!! (& great family ideas too.)
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.