origami valentines, origami heart love notes

It’s the 10th of January and I am so excited to have our group of talented bloggers back for another blog hop! This month the theme is HEARTS and I just know you are going to love (no pun intended!) these projects that are sure to get your creativity flowing for Valentine’s Day… which is just around the corner! I’d love for you to pin our collage below, check out my Origami Heart Love Notes and then go see all the other fabulous projects by some of my friends!

January Blog Hop Collage

1. Landeelu sharing an Easy Valentine’s Day Wire Heart Garland

2. Little Miss Momma sharing an Easy Heart Envelope Pillow

3. Lolly Jane sharing Glitter Heart Valentine Decor

4. Or So She Says shares Origami Heart Love Notes

5. Simply Kierste sharing Heart Bunting Countdown

6. Six Sisters Stuff sharing Peanut Butter Chocolate Hearts

7. Thirty Handmade Days sharing Printable Valentine’s Day Bookmarks

8. Your Homebased Mom sharing DIY Valentine’s Sharpie Mugs

9. Capturing Joy sharing a Heart Carved Tree Stump

10. eighteen25 sharing Heart Gift Tags

‘Or so she says…’ Contribution:

Hello everyone! I’m Amy and I’m a new contributor here, nice to meet you =). I’m going to share my origami heart love notes with you today, but first, a little about myself…

I’m a tea lover, chocolate eater, kale chip maker and a children photographer in Vancouver Canada. I blog at The Connection We Share and the purpose of the blog is to share ideas for parents to connect and bond with their children through crafting, baking and taking pictures together.

amylee

These are my little loves, Elle and Jay. My favourite thing to do with them is to hang out in the backyard. We pick berries, smell flowers and roll around laughing like no body’s business. It’s my happy place =)

So for my first post, I’d like to share something I’ll be doing for my daughter for Valentines.

heart-origami-OSSS

On this lovely day (I’m usually not pun-y, this is a first for me =) And you’ll also notice I use smiley faces. A lot.), I plan to fold some origami hearts with little love notes inside and leave them everywhere for her to discover.

Since my little love is still learning her A-B-Cs, I’ll be drawing pictures in the origami as well as using words she recognizes.

love-notes-OSSS

To make this super easy for you, I’ve created a printable of the origami paper for you to download. It includes 6 rectangles to make 6 hearts. All you need to do is cut, write and fold.

{ Download Printable Here }

Since I’m not good at giving instructions, here is a quick video I made for you to follow along while you make your own origami heart love notes =)

I plan to hide these all over the house – peaking out from under her pillow, taped to her toothbrush, stuck under her cereal bowl, attached to the seat belt of her car seat, hiding in her jacket pocket, etc.

Make sure to take pictures of them finding these origami heart love notes because these photos will remind them (and you) how much fun you’ve had this Valentines. At the end of the year, I’ll be creating a photo book filled with pictures of our year to bring us back to these memories. My photo book company of choice is Blurb and if you’re like me and make 100+ page albums (no joke, our 2013 album is 128 pages!), use a Blurb coupon to make it easier on your pocket =)

Amy Lee
Amy is a tea lover, chocolate eater and kale chip maker. She blogs at The Connection We Share and the purpose is to share ideas for parents to connect and bond with their children. Whether it’s through baking yummy things or creating photo books or doing crafts with Kiwi Crate craft kits, these are things that will help our children feel loved and cherished.
Amy Lee
Amy Lee
  1. Mique
    1 year ago

Amy these are absolutely adorable! Love them.

• Amy Lee
      1 year ago

Thank you for your kind words Mique.

1 year ago

I love it, Amy! How fun to leave those around the house for the kids. P.S. That picture of you with your babies is adorable! I’m so happy to have you share your great ideas here!

• Amy Lee
      1 year ago

Thanks for the opportunity Mariel =) To be honest, I would LOVE to be surprised with these as well, who wouldn’t want to feel special? Maybe I can drop the husband a hint or two =)

3. Leigh Anne Wilkes
    1 year ago

Such a fun idea! Can’t wait to try it!

• Amy Lee
      1 year ago

Let me know how it turns out for you Leigh Anne =)

4. Lolly Jane
    1 year ago

This is darling, Amy! Love the patterns too!

• Amy Lee
      1 year ago

Thank you Lolly Jane! The pattern is really simple, like polka dot hearts =)

5. Rebecca
    1 year ago

Oh my goodness, my girls will be in love with these! They love all things little, they love hearts and they love notes … you managed to put all of that together in one adorable idea! Thank you so much for sharing!

• Amy Lee
      1 year ago

You’re so welcome Rebecca! I hope you have lots of fun with these!

6. Landee
    1 year ago

So cute Amy! My daughter will love making and receiving these! Thanks for sharing this fun idea!

• Amy Lee
      1 year ago

I would LOVE to receive these as well =)

7. Liv
    1 year ago

I bet my daughter would love these just because she loves loves loves to take things apart.

It’s so nice to see your great ideas here on Or So She Says, and I look forward to reading more of your posts :)

• Amy Lee
      1 year ago

Thank you Liv! I gave Elle a few to ‘test’ out how easy it is for her to take apart…let me tell ya, you’ll be busy putting it back together (depending on how old your daughter is)….

• Jeanine
        1 year ago

Wow Amy! I’m getting to see you everywhere these days 😀 Its fantastic!! I haven’t started my bird print diy because we have a sick kid and a snow day. I am the entertainment and all today! TTYS We will attempt to make some of these now !!
        Jeanine (Ontario reader)

8. Make Your Child Feel Special on Valentine's Day
    1 year ago

[…] Heart Love Notes If you read my post last week, you’ll already know these Origami Heart Love Notes are in the works. I folded a bunch of hearts with special messages inside and they will be hidden […]

9. Stacey

Hello!!
    I LOVE these!! I was just wondering…do you use regular paper? I imagine card stock or photo paper to be hard to fold..but I think normal paper may be too flimsy? I can’t wait to make these to suprise my son’s teachers with his doodles and kind words!

Stacey