Very rarely do I do craft posts. I love, love, love crafting but with 5 little kids…it will just have to wait. But, I know you gals would love some ideas for cheap, easy, and cute Christmas crafts…so, I found 3 crafts that I did back when I had two kids. These are SO easy that I don’t even have to do a picture-by-picture tutorial for you (besides, no time to remake them). They are pretty self-explanatory…but, I’ll explain.
Rustic Wood Presents
I love these things, they were sooo easy to make. I just found some old timbers. Or, you can buy some cedar timber at Home Depot. Chop them into block sizes (all different sizes). Then I just rubbed paint on the sides with a rag. I ripped up some strips of flannel fabric to make bows. Then I cut out little pieces of wood for the tags. Drilled a hole in them and tied them on with jute rope. Easy. If you don’t have a chop saw, Home Depot will make cuts for you OR ask the neighbor.
These can also be done in a non-rustic way. Just use pine timbers or wood that isn’t rough and paint them solid. Put cute ribbons around and you’re done….or decoupage scrapbook paper on the sides. Anyway, I have these buggers all around my house, easy decoration!

Homemade Snowballs
Make your own snowballs that don’t melt! Keep them in a bucket or place them in groups around your other Christmas decor.
So, for these you just need some “Joint Compound” (for drywall) that is found at the hardware store. Also, a big thing of clear (preferably the really fine) glitter….and some Styrofoam balls. This is kinda messy! So, I just rolled the styrafoam balls in the joint compound and then sprinkled the glitter all over the ball. It’s totally cool if they aren’t all smooth. Set them out on wax paper to dry. I can’t remember how long it took these to dry…but, I think it was a good 24 hours. Done.

Doorbell Wreath
I just bought a small twig wreath at the craft store, some fat-A jute rope, large tin bells, and some flannel scraps to make these. I’m certain you don’t need me to explain this…but, basically just tie the bells to a long line of rope and then to the wreath. Hot glue any secret spots to help hold it in place. Get a scrap of flannel, wrap it around the tied rope (to hide the knot on the wreath) and then tie a bow. Easy. I made lots of these for gifts…back in the days.

I hope you like!

Photobucket

1. Beth

I DO like! Those are some really cute crafts.

2. The Slack Family

So cute! Thanks for the ideas!

3. Nathan and Shanna

Love them! Thanks for sharing!

I ruv em!! Can I come over and make the rustic wood presents?:)

5. Memmott Family

They are so cute.. wanna make me some!! My craftyness is gone.. Just kidding.. THey look great

6. Mom’s Place

So Simple! Love them!

7. Reb

STellar ideas woman! I am curious what my kids would do with the compound? probably eat it. I like!

8. Tobler’s

Super cute and so simple! Love them!

9. KT

I love them! I do need craft ideas, although I prob won’t get to them until I have 2 kids in school all day…I like being crafty, but cannot come up with ideas on my own.

10. Kari @ Ucreate

I am so featuring this on Ucreate! I always LOVE finding a new craft blog so this made my day. Thanks for your kind words!

11. Gina Sisco

Those presents are to die for, adorable and cheap wahoo!!

12. Martha

I love the presents!!! I might have to try it! ThankS!
    Martha

13. Cupcake Mama

All are great ideas and nicely completed, but I LOVE the snowballs! I have just the perfect bucket left over from another craft project that didn’t work out!

14. The Faveros

I love love love those presents and have been begging my husband to help me make some big ones-do you know what sizes those are ? I am just curious what size wood I will need to buy- thanks so much!!!

15. Charolette (Nikki)

I had to hurry and call my sister about your fun ideas! We are so doing this!!! :)

16. Kara@ Creations by Kara

Found you over at U Create. These are such cute ideas. Love them all!

17. Simply Rococo

So I thought I would give this a chance. I never win! But what do I have to loose? 😉 Thanks for the ideas!

18. Infarrantly Creative

Came over from Ucreate. I love that snowball idea. I am totally stealing it. I am just finished a Pennywise Presents series you may like.

19. Harvest House Primitives

Great ideas, thanks so much for posting them!

the smaller ones are about 4 inches, and the bigger are about 6. but, really…you could use any size…even bigger, even smaller. all would be cute! good luck!

21. The Faveros

Thanks so much – I am getting started on them tonight :) I will post pictures and you will have to let me know what you think !! I am so escited :)

22. cindi

Can’t wait to try these, especially the snowballs!

23. PolymerClayTutor

Wonderful projects! I love your rustic, country style. A bucket of those snow balls would look awesome by the fire! :-)