One of the things I love about being the “Kids Food and Craft” contributor, is the opportunity to share with you all the things that my own little ones are currently loving. My kids are 2 and 3 and with another one on the way, I’ve been trying to create simple and healthy recipes that my children will genuinely love.
These healthy breakfast cookies and not only so good for you (and your little sweeties) but, they are also super fast to get into the oven. My kids love them and I hope your’s will, too!
Delicious and Healthy Breakfast Cookies
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed up
- 1 apple chopped very finely
- ½ cup raisins
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup 100% apple juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl, mash bananas well.
- Stir in chopped apple and the rest of the ingredients.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray and then spoon the cookies on. These cookies will not spread or rise with baking so, use a spoon or your fingers to shape them into flattened circles, that will bake evenly.
- Bake for approx. 30 minutes or until cookies are nice and browned.
- Transfer to cooling racks and cool completely before storing.