Five Minute Fried Apple Ice Cream Topping
Please forgive the melted ice cream/unattractive picture. The whole family gobbled this up so quickly. I had just two bites left before I remembered I needed a picture! There was just no way to make it pretty after that.
Ingredients Needed for Fried Apple Ice Cream Topping
- 2 Apples
- 2 TBS Butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Salt
Printable Fried Apple Ice Cream Recipe
Fried Apple Topping
- 2 apples
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Peel and core your apples.
Melt butter in the pan. (Over medium heat) After the butter has melted, sprinkle the brown sugar over the butter and add the apples. Stir the apples and coat them in the butter and brown sugar. Continue stirring and when the mixture forms a syrup, add the cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Stir.
Reduce heat, and continue to cook until the apples are fork tender and the syrup has thickened slightly.
Remove skillet from heat and let cool for a minute. Then serve over vanilla ice cream, or eat plain.
4 Apple Recipes That Rival Carnival Treats
- Pillsbury Biscuits Apple Dessert – Seriously, take a gander at this lovely dessert… you will need a beach towel to wipe up your drool. So simple and so delicious! Perfect dessert to feed family and friends.
- Apple Pie Enchiladas – This is another apple dessert recipe that is made with just a few ingredients, but will have everyone asking for more. Shared by one of my favorite food bloggers too!
- Caramel Apple Dapple Cake – You know you can trust any recipe from Americas Test Kitchen, and this apple dessert with fresh apple is no exception. Try it, for sure!
- Apple Dumplings from The Pioneer Woman – We make these all the time, at my house. It’s one of the few fruit desserts that I can get my 7 kids to gobble up. It only helps that it has a secret ingredient and loads of vanilla ice cream involved!