When I first heard of this concoction, I thought it sounded so crazy. How could it possibly be good? Butter mints don’t go with ice cream and Oreos. But, my sister crossed her heart, and hoped to die. So, I believed her, and I’m so glad I did. I’ve been popping my lactose-intolerance pills, like crazy, just so I can scarf down another one of these scrumptious bars. The coolest part is, they’re so easy and fast to make. Like, really.
Put your butter mints in a Ziploc bag and your Oreos in another bag. Seal them and bang them up into little pieces. I use my rolling pin and whack away. There is no need to separate the cookie from the frosting, just keep them together.
You can use a 9×13 or whatever sort of pan you want. I happened to have these square slot pans that I have never used, so I thought I would break them in. Place a good handful of crushed Oreos in each slot OR just spread it all across your 9×13 pan. Pat down. I actually added a little bit of melted butter to mine, maybe 4 TBS. just to help it press a little easier. But, afterwards I decided I probably didn’t need it. I think the ice cream would have held it together.
Melt your ice cream, just a bit, until you can easily stir it. Dump in as many of the butter mint chunks and pieces as you want. Stir it together. Spread the mixture on top of the Oreos and freeze until hardened again. It may take several hours.
Butter Mint Oreo Ice Cream Bars
- 1 bag of Oreos
- 1 bag of butter mints
- ½ gallon vanilla ice cream
- Place Oreos in a large Ziploc bag, crush them up.
- Do the same thing with the butter mints, in another bag.
- Press the Oreos into a 9x13 pan or any sort of baking pan.
- Melt the ice cream, until it can be stirred, to almost resemble "soft serve."
- Dump as many of the chopped butter mints into the ice cream, as you want. Stir.
- Spread the mixture on top of the Oreos and freeze until hardened again. It may take several hours.