We would love for you and your family to participate in the 12 Days of Christmas Family Fun… it’s so easy (and super fun!)
The easiest instructions, ever…
1. Print off as many sheets of Theme Tags as you have children participating. There are two sheets needed for each child, days 1-6 and days 7-12. See and print below.
2. Each day, for 12 days in December, leave a small gift with the corresponding tag, announcing the theme for the day attached, next to their bed, for them to find when they wake up. (The gifts can be a small piece of candy, dollar store prize, or whatever. Or, it can just be the tag, no gift. You choose!)
3. Throughout the day, do activities related to the theme for the day!! You can come up with your own ideas or if you want some suggestions, just stop by the blog for our round-ups of super cute and simple ideas related to the theme. The ideas will be released daily on the blog, December 1st through December 12th, in the announced order. If you share any pics, use hashtags #12daysofchristmasfamilyfun, so we can see the fun that you and your family came up with!
Here’s the days and lots of ideas!
Today is DAY 7 and the theme is PEPPERMINT.
Here are our suggested Christmas peppermint crafts, recipes, and activities! Have fun and see you back here tomorrow for the new theme’s ideas.
1. Set out some beads and pipe cleaner for the kids to make these Bead Candy Canes! (Idea from The Fountain Avenue Kitchen)
2. Make some White Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Oreos for neighbors! (Idea from Kara’s Party Ideas)
3. Get all slimy with this peppermint slime! The kids could even make and jar extra to give as friend gifts. (Idea from Mama OT)
5. Read The Legend of the Candy Cane and pass out a candy cane afterwards!
7. Play a rousing game of Candy Land!!
9. Let the little ones color and complete this simple Candy Cane Maze (found at Education.com)
10. Have the kids make Candy Cane Place Holders for Christmas dinner. (Idea from Outnumbered)
11. Gather in the kitchen and make some Homemade Peppermint Patties! (Idea from Shugary Sweets)
12. This Candy Cane Frame Craft is super simple for kids and they can give it to grandma or use it as a decoration in the house! (Idea from FamilyFoodFun)
If you share any pics of your family taking part in the 12 Days of Christmas Family Fun, be sure to add the hashtag #12daysofchristmasfamilyfun to your captions. We would love to get a glimpse of the fun you’re having!
Besides this awesome series going on right now, OSSS also has the biggest gift idea series of the year happening, She Picks 2015! Be sure to check out all the gift ideas for everyone on your list. You can find all the ideas shared previously on Gift Idea Central.