Okay, here goes nothing: Get yourself some flour, baking soda, baking powder, butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk. Did you know that buttermilk makes almost everything better? Kinda like gravy.
- 1 stick softened (not too melted) butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Milk to consistency
- Food coloring
- Mix well with hand mixer.
The Softest, Chewiest, Best Sugar Cookies
- 5 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 4 sticks softened butter
- 3 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 6 TBS. buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until somewhat smooth.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In another bowl, stir together the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, and baking powder..
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed ingredients. Mix well.
- Add the buttermilk to make the dough soft, not wet.
- Roll into med/small balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake until done.
- After about 12 minutes, check them...and wait until the edges barely start to show a golden color...could take up to 15 minutes, or more.
- Remove from oven and let them rest on the cookie sheet for several minutes. Then let cool on wire rack or towel.
- P.S. I have also turned these into Snickerdoodles! Instead of frosting, when you roll the dough balls, roll them into a mixture or cinnamon and sugar. Bake as usual.