Get cooking with the kids this holiday season and make these corn flake Christmas wreath treats.
The holidays are all about family for me. I love finding different ways to create memories with my kids and make new traditions. One of the easiest ways for me to focus on my kids during the holidays is to get them in the kitchen with me, making yummy treats for our friends and neighbors. It’s also more fun for the kids to deliver our goodies if they were involved in the making of the treats. These corn flake Christmas wreath treats are the perfect treat for friends and neighbors to have your kids help with.
I mixed up all the ingredients but the kids helped create our Christmas wreath treats. We buttered up our hands to keep our treats from sticking to them.
Of course our wreaths wouldn’t be complete with out a couple holly berries! 🙂
I’m not sure what my daughter liked best; buttering her hands to make the wreaths, or eating them once we were done.
- 1 (10) oz bag mini marshmallows
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4.5 cups corn flakes
- green food coloring
- cinnamon candies
- Add corn flakes to large bowl.
- In a sauce pan on medium heat, combine marshmallows and butter and stir until all marshmallows are melted.
- Add vanilla and green food coloring to marshmallow mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour mixture over corn flakes and mix until all corn flakes are coated.
- Drop spoonfuls onto wax or parchment paper.
- Let cool for just a minute or two.
- Butter hands and form wreath shapes.
- Add cinnamon candies for holly berries.
Wouldn’t these be a great addition to a goodie plate?
So what kinds of activities do you do with your family during the holidays? Do you have any fun traditions? Or maybe a favorite treat you like to make with your kids each year?
I’d love to know!