Hello, OSSS readers! It’s Kimberly from Get Away Today, and I’m back this month to give you my suggestions for the best vacation spots in California for young adults. There’s so much to experience on your next California vacation, and I have tips on how you can save big. If you’re taking a young adult trip, you’ll have a great time at one of the following destinations.
Best Vacation Spots in California for Young Adults
Whether you’re looking for theme parks or the great outdoors, these vacation spots for young adults will be a hit. When you book a Southern California vacation package with Get Away Today that includes theme park tickets and a hotel, you can save an additional $10 with code OSSS10.
Hands down, I think some of the best vacation spots in California for young adults are the theme parks! With so much variety, there’s something for everyone. There’s definitely a reason that theme parks are one of the biggest spring break destinations in California for college students.
As far as I’m concerned, you’re never too old for the Disneyland Resort. And there’s just something so magical about experiencing the Parks as a young adult and bringing back memories of childhood. Plus, there are so many rides for adults at both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park. Here are some of my favorites:
Best Disneyland Rides for Adults / College Students
- Space Mountain
- Star Tours
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
- Matterhorn Bobsleds
- Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
- Splash Mountain
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Indiana Jones Adventure
Best Disney California Adventure Rides for Adults / College Students
- Toy Story Midway Mania!
- Pixar Pal-A-Round
- Radiator Springs Racers
- Grizzly River Run
- Soarin’ Around the World/Soarin’ Over California
- Goofy’s Sky School
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Coming Summer 2020: Spider-Man themed ride in Avengers Campus
When visiting Disneyland as a young adult, be sure to take advantage of mobile ordering to get convenient access to some of your favorite snacks! It’s a free service available in the Disneyland app, and it’s a great way to avoid waiting in long lines. Also, upgrade your Disneyland tickets to include MaxPass and get unlimited PhotoPass downloads; we know how important those vacation photos are! When you book discount Disneyland tickets with Get Away Today, you can pre-purchase MaxPass for each day of your vacation. If you would like to wait until you’re at the Resort, you can then choose to have MaxPass on select days of your trip. Either way, it’s a great upgrade that we love for shorter ride wait times and PhotoPass downloads.
Universal Studios Hollywood
Did you know Get Away Today offers vacation packages to Universal Studios Hollywood? You can book theme park tickets and a hotel with us to save the most on your next Southern California vacation. Young adults love Universal Studios Hollywood since it’s a way to experience behind-the-scenes of popular films, TV shows, books and more. It’s definitely one of the best vacation spots for young adults or college students!
I’ve listed some of the best rides for adults at Universal Studios Hollywood below:
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
- Studio Tour
- King Kong 360 3D
- Fast & Furious – Supercharged
- Transformers: The Ride-3D
- The Simpsons Ride
- Revenge of the Mummy – The Ride
- The Walking Dead Attraction
- Jurassic Park – The Ride
Other options for the best young adults vacation at Universal Studios Hollywood include traveling during special occasions. This theme park offers seasonal events such as Lunar New Year, The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle, Halloween Horror Nights, Christmas in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Grinchmas and more. Many of these experiences are included with regular theme park admission, while others are separately-ticketed.
Knott’s Berry Farm
Knott’s Berry Farm is California’s very first theme park, EVER! It’s on my list of best vacation spots for young adults because it is home to a number of roller coasters as well as themed shops and dining. Knott’s Berry Farm is comprised of distinct areas such as Camp Snoopy, Fiesta Village, Ghost Town and the Boardwalk. Each offers its own unique style and experiences.
Best Rides for Adults at Knott’s Berry Farm
- Timber Mountain Log Ride
- Sierra Sidewinder
- Coast Rider
- Pony Express
- Supreme Scream
- Montezooma’s Revenge
- Silver Bullet
Knott’s Berry Farm is definitely the most underrated theme park in California. It is full of thrill rides as well as kiddie rides, and is also home to some of the best fried chicken I’ve ever had.
Since California is known for its temperate climate year-round, it’s a great destination when you’re looking for outdoor adventures. Some of the best vacation spots for young adults who love to explore include historic sight-seeing tours, beautiful beaches and more.
Have you ever heard of Catalina Island? It’s off the coast of Southern California, and it is only about one square mile. Despite its small size, Catalina Island is an amazing vacation spot!
You can take Catalina Express from San Pedro, Long Beach or Dana Point, California. Depending on your departing port, you’ll arrive at either Two Harbors or Avalon on Catalina Island. Once on land again, you can rent a golf cart to navigate the island, or head out on foot. Catalina Island excursions for young adults range from guided historical tours to self-led hikes.
Catalina Island Excursions
- Descanso Beach
- Mt. Ada
- The Casino
- Chimes Tower
- Green Pleasure Pier
- Catalina Island Museum
- The Wrigley Memorial & Botanic Garden
- Hiking from the Trailhead
- Zip Lining
- Kayaking/Paddle Boarding
- Scuba Diving/Snorkeling
Some of these experiences require advance permits and reservations, so be sure to discuss your desired itinerary when you book Catalina Express tickets with Get Away Today. Our travel experts can help you organize your visit to Catalina Island and ensure you know where to go when you arrive and how to make reservations for additional adventures.
San Diego is home to beaches, museums, tours and so much more. Did you know you can purchase discount tickets with Get Away Today for a number of San Diego attractions? That’s why we love San Diego for young adults!
San Diego Vacations for Young Adults
- USS Midway Museum – Tour an authentic naval ship docked in San Diego. With over 60 exhibits on board, you can step back into history and experience the Hangar Deck, Flight Deck, and aircraft gallery and more.
- Captain Dave’s Dolphin and Whale Watching Safari – With glass viewing pods, you get a look like never before at dolphins and whales off the coast of Dana Point. With a variety of safaris available, as well as private boat rentals, Captain Dave’s is a great choice for eco-friendly whale-watching.
- Old Town Trolley Tours – This eight-stop trolley tour of San Diego offers hop-on and hop-off privileges. You can resume the guided tour at any of the stops along the route and see the best of what San Diego has to offer. Old Town is known for delicious food, shopping and entertainment.
- Flagship Cruises – These San Diego cruises offer a variety of itineraries, including Sunday Brunch, whale-watching, Spirits at Sunset Cocktail cruise, Fourth of July Fireworks cruises and more.
- Speedboat Adventures – Zip over the waves and learn about famous sights of San Diego. Drive your own or sit shotgun with a friend while the two-way radio offers a guided tour from an expert.
These San Diego excursions can be booked with Get Away Today for big savings and expert travel advice. Remember that Southern California vacation packages that include tickets and a hotel are eligible for an additional $10 in savings with Mariel’s exclusive code OSSS10.
How to Book California Vacations for Less
No matter where you go in Southern California, you always book for less with Get Away Today. Our travel specialists personally visit popular vacation destinations regularly to ensure they’re up-to-date on the latest and greatest. Book vacation packages at www.getawaytoday.com, or call 855-GET-AWAY for personalized planning assistance. Be sure to let us know ‘Or so she says…’ sent you!
If you liked these ideas for the best vacation spots in California for young adults, check out:
- How to Find Discount Disneyland Tickets ~ Tips and Warnings
- An Awesome California Vacation ~ Where to Go, What to Do
- Universal Orlando Resort ~ Ride Heights, Discount Tickets, and More
Pin this image to save or share post:
Just pin the image below to save the post. Or, click the Pinterest button in the header for more image options.