Hey everyone, it’s Adelle with Get Away Today, your source for the best deals on Disney tickets. Anticipating a vacation to Disney is one of the most exciting feelings and this Disneyland trip countdown, Mickey’s activity mason jar, will take the excitement up even higher! Dreaming up plans of what to do, where to eat and what shows to see is just part of the fun. The best part? These are so simple to make. Just watch as your kids beam in delight, choosing their Mickey stick each morning. The more empty the jar becomes, the closer it is to vacation time. And, doing a little Disney related activity each day will keep the vacation in their minds. So fun!
Disneyland Trip Countdown
To make the Disney Vacation Countdown Craft Sticks, you’ll only need a couple of basic art supplies. What’s great is that you might already have these lying around your house! Look at the list below to see what you’ll need to complete the craft:
Mickey’s Activity Mason Jar ~ Supplies:
- 2 sheets of black card-stock paper
- 1-inch circle hole punch
- 3/4-inch circle hole punch
- Hot glue gun
- Jumbo craft sticks
- Black Sharpie marker
- Mason jar and decorations
Disneyland Vacation Countdown Craft ~ Instructions:
To start, you’ll want to cut out Mickey Mouse head silhouettes from the black card-stock paper. To do this, you’ll need one, 1-inch circle and two, ¾ inch circles. You will want to do this for each day of your Disney vacation countdown. I think planning enough for two or three weeks is a good time frame, however, you should do whatever timeline works best for you.
To make things easier, I highly recommend using a circle hole punch. I use it often for a wide variety of projects, so I would recommend having one on hand.
Next, you will want to get your hot glue gun ready to go. Hot glue is my favorite adhesive to use, because it’s so reliable and instant. Once the glue has warmed up, add two small dots to the top edges of the craft stick. While the glue is still hot, attach the Mickey Mouse ears to the glue and press them into place.
After this, you will want to take the large black circle and glue it between the Mickey Mouse ears. Hold and secure into place like before.
Once you’ve done this, you’ve finished the Mickey Mouse face. Like I said before, it is so quick and easy!
Now, you’ll want to start adding activity suggestions to the craft sticks. I used a black sharpie marker to do this, but you can use whatever color you’d like. Below, I’ve listed some of my favorite Disney related activities that you can use:
20 Disney Vacation Countdown Ideas for Activities
- Make Mickey Mouse Pancakes
- Make Disneyland’s Churro Popcorn
- Answer These Disney Conversation Questions
- Play ‘Would You Rather’ Disney Version
- Make Copycat Disney Corn Dogs at Home
- Practice Star Wars Jedi Fighting Moves
- Learn How To Do A Proper Curtsy
- Put Together Some Activity Bags for the Trip
- Make a DIY Forky from Toy Story
- Make This Frozen Snow Shaker Craft
- See How Long You Can Bounce Like Tigger
- Race Around The House Like Lightening McQueen
- Watch A Disney Movie
- Make Elsa’s Frozen Wand Craft
- Practice Signing Your Own Autograph
- Count How Many Disney Movies You Can Name As A Group
- Turn On The Star Wars Theme Song And Walk Around Like Darth Vader
- Take A Bath and Splash Like Splash Mountain
- Make Jessie Toy Story Mickey Ears
- Make Groot Pudding Cups
How to Use Mickey’s Activity Mason Jar
Once you’re finished writing all of the activities down, place your finished Disney Vacation Countdown Craft Sticks into a jar. I placed mine in a Mason jar, however, you can use whatever jar you’d like. I decorated mine with some ribbon and a bow. However, feel free to get creative with yours! You can even make it a fun family activity to decorate it.
Take out one stick per day and complete the activity that is written on it. Have fun dancing, singing, playing, and eating together. When the last stick is removed from the jar, it’s time for your Disney vacation to begin!
Get a SWEET Deal on Your Vacation (so you can use this fun idea!)
If you haven’t booked your Disney vacation for 2020 yet, don’t fret! You can book now by taking advantage of Get Away Today’s Layaway Plan and book your Disneyland vacation.. With our discount Disneyland tickets and reduced hotel rates, we make it possible for everyone to experience the magic. To book, visit getawaytoday.com or call 855-GET-AWAY to speak to one of our travel experts directly. Be sure to mention ‘Or so she says…’ and use promo code OSSS10 for an additional $10 in savings!
If you liked this Disney Trip Countdown, check out:
- Disneyland Vacation Surprise Printables ~ Reveal the Big Gift in a BIG Way!
- Star Wars Disneyland Vacation Reveal
- Disneyland Journal Printable PDF